Objectives of the Pacific GIS and Remote Sensing Council (PGRSC)
- To promote the development of GIS and Remote Sensing (RS) data, technologies, methods and services for the pacific region
- To enable collaboration and share lessons learnt across regional agencies and commercial parties
- To discuss and establish methods in building adaptation for the Pacific environment for solutions working already well outside the region
- To manage the distribution, publication and awareness of conference outcomes
- To establish robust links with other GIS, RS and scientific bodies regionally and globally.